In the new ranking by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the American University of Beirut (AUB) is seen at a very strong measure. This news comes as we were forwarded a letter sent out by AUB to their alumni.
Dr. Lokman Meho, the director of AUB Libraries, said:
This ranking is evidence of AUB’s success in achieving its mission by producing outstanding graduates, many of whom go on in their careers to join the world’s most innovative, creative, prosperous, entrepreneurial, and/or philanthropic individuals
This ranking uses a credible range of indicators and is based on a sample of more than 37,000 employers worldwide.
QS published its list of the top 300 institutions for employability of their students, based on the following criteria:
- Reputation with employers (30% of the score)
- Alumni outcomes, i.e. how successful alumni are (20%)
- Institutions’ relations with external partners (25%)
- Employer-student connections (15%)
- Graduate employment rate (10%)
- 78th in employer reputation
- 32nd in alumni outcomes
- 72nd in employer-student connections
No other institution in the MENA, but AUB, was ranked higher than 150.