Judicial investigator Judge Tarek Bitar is expected to deliver his findings regarding the Beirut Port blast in a few months, according to the Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper.
Judge Bitar is aiming for the period between late September and early October to submit the final results of his investigation, judicial sources have told the newspaper.
The conclusive document, which the Judge has already started working on, will be hundreds of pages long, detailing the full trajectory of the ammonium nitrate shipment, starting with its initial shipping and ending with its explosion on August 4th, 2020, the sources said.
Judge Bitar’s investigation has already entered its prosecution phase after having concluded the stage of listening to witnesses.
On Friday, he set a date for interrogating caretaker Prime Minister Hassan Diab as a defendant, without announcing the date publicly.
Bitar had stated last month that he needed two more months to clarify the causes of the explosion, “once and for all,” shortly after receiving a French investigative report that he deemed “very important” for the probe.