Les Musicales de Baabdath or Strings of Hope 2022 is back again this year with a line-up of Lebanese and international musicians performing in concerts from October 19 until November 12, 2022.
The Strings of Hope 2022 will present 9 concerts, free of charge, starting at 8:00 pm.
Here is the schedule:
- October 19 – The New Church, Baabdath: Sinfonietta Beirut featuring 15 members of the Lebanese Philharmonic Orchestra and professors of the Lebanese National Conservatory with Prokofiev’s iconic Peter and the Wolf narrated in French by Étienne Kupélian;
- October 21 – St Joseph Church, Monot: featuring the Austrian pianist Aaron Pilsan;
- October 23 – The New Church, Baabdath: Aaron Pilsan will present a mixed program with works by Liszt, Schumann, and Enescu;
- October 25 – The New Church, Baabdath: featuring the violinist Ihab Jamal and cellist Jana Semaan who will perform alongside the Jordanian pianist and conductor Karim Said;
- October 27 – The New Church, Baabdath: the Swiss-based Violist and Painter Ribal Molaeb will be performing alongside Slovenian Violinist Tanja Sonc and pianist Karim Said;
- November 3 -The New Church, Baabdath: featuring Jazz with Satyan, Khachatur Savzyan, and Fouad Afra;
- November 6 – The New Church, Baabdath: showcasing Kevin Kanaan, with the 13 years old violinist prodigy Ani Melikyan accompanied by Liana Harutyunyan;
- November 8 – The New Chruch, Baabdath: featuring Elena Rindler on the violin, Adele Bitter on the cello, and Holger Groschopp on the piano;
- November 12 – The New Church, Baabdath: Les Musicales de Baabdath is partnering with Goethe-Institut Libanon to host 8 students from the Lebanese National Conservatory of Music for the opportunity to be coached by 4 distinguished musicians from DSO-Berlin, who will present their work at the closing performance in Baabdath.
The event also offers free transport to Baabdath by bus from Beirut. For more inquiries, contact 01 382 444 or 03 153 520.