Valentine is not only about loving your partner, but it’s about love in general, and also about loving yourself. This valentine you can be single and still enjoy all kinds of events, try some new ones too, and open up to meet a new love while you are at it. Here are some suggestions:
#1 Give yourself a gift of love
You might have been probably counting your coins and savings, and making a series of sacrifices and concessions during these past months of tough economy.
Now it’s time to make a little exception – question to declare your gratitude for who you are as you are – and give yourself a gift of love that you can afford. It’s the sale season; get yourself something nice.
#2 Bring some love to parents and babies
How amazing would it be to use Valentine’s Day to show some love to babies and their parents, and earn some extra cash as you do? Many parents need someone to look after their kids this Valentine’s week. Be that baby-sitter!
#3 Enjoy a live performance
There are some live shows around the theme of Love during Valentine’s week. Get with your friends (you’re not the only single in town), and enjoy a show. “In My Heart’s Eyes, The Love Project” is a live performance we can suggest. Prices start at 10,000LL.
- When: February 14th to 16th and 20th to 22nd, at 8:30 pm
- Where: Zoukak Studio, 506 Corniche du fleuve, Saloumi Building, 1st floor, Beirut.
- Reservation: or for more information: ihjoz
#4 Have fun at a cooking session
Spend this Valentine learning how to cook the best steak from a real chef, and meet new people. Who knows? You might meet your new significant other amid the aroma of a deliciously cooking steak!
- When: February 14th from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- Where: Mar Mitr, Beirut
- Reservation: Reserve a spot now, limited place.
#5 Have a blast at a wine tasting tour
Grab a friend and head down to Hamra Urban Gardens for a new experience. Discover generations of winemakers and taste of Lebanon, and get to make new friends while you’re there. The enchanting fragrance of wine, that’s a good call for love!
- When: February 14th
- Where: Hamra Urban Gardens Abdel Baki St., Hamra, Beirut
- Reservation: Tickets at Living-Lebanon
#6 Singles Night
Here you go, Valentine for Singles! It’s an open mic gathering for all those who prefer not to stay at home that evening. It will be fun and interesting to gather with singles like you and enjoy your evening to the best.
- When: February 14th at 8:30 pm
- Where: Aleph B
- Reservation: 03002069 or 03002068 or 01292082
#7 Meet & Mingle
Meet new people, drink (wisely), and mingle in a thrilling ambiance of Lebanese songs, DJ, and mingling games. That’s a fun event for singles with a full package for this Valentine.
- When: February 14th at 9:00 pm
- Where: Colonel Brewery And Distillery, Batroun Sea Side road, Batroun
- Reservation: 03 743 543
#8 Laugh your night away at a stand-up comedy show
Spend the night laughing your troubles away. How to best spend Valentine 2020 when you have no significant other? Laughing!
- When: February 15th from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Where: Al Madina Theater Hamra
- Reservation: Tickets sold at the door: for more info, call 70 832 702
#9 Crawl Beirut’s Pubs at a package deal
This is an organized fun event where you can meet plenty of people gathering to enjoy the night. “Pub Crawl Beirut” takes you around 3 pubs with some extra perks.
- When: February 14th from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Where: Doculand, Mar Mikhael, Beirut
- Reservation: For tickets, WhatsApp 70 916394
#10 Enjoy bartending for a change!
Okay, this one is not cheap but we thought to list it for a reason: It gets you to learn a work skill that can get you a job while we wait for this economy to adjust.
This workshop during Valentine’s week allows you some fun as you explore the world of bartending, recipes to different cocktails, secrets of flaring, and mixing and matching cocktails.
- When: February 15th and 22nd
- Where: Purple Pineapple Pot
- For reservation or more information, visit Purple Pineapple Pot
#11 For the intellects and book lovers
For those who prefer a more intellectual approach to Valentine, a book club is something interesting you might want to consider. Read, listen, share, and exchange with new mind-like people.
- When: February 14th from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Where: Monot public library
- Reservation: No reservation needed
#12 Enjoy love moments with arts
There is nothing more peaceful than immersing yourself in art as you explore the meanings and messages of paintings. Try an exhibition this Valentine, you never know what you will discover.
- When: February 14th from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Where: Saleh Barakat Gallery, Justinian Street, Beirut
- Reservation: Walk in and enjoy!
#13 Walk the lane of Lebanese wine history
A history lesson with wine about wine. Kind of romantic, don’t you think?
- When: February 14th at 6:00 pm
- Where: Wesley’s Wholesale, Camille Chamoun Boulevard, Beirut, Lebanon
- Reservation: Tickets at ihzoj
#14 Give a stranger THE gift of love
Because it’s Valentine and it’s all about real Love, we can’t pass this listicle without citing the best gift of love you can give: The Gift of Life.
Donating blood might not be fun but it will surely soar your heart with warmth and put a smile on your face afterward for a whole day.
Call Lebanon Red Cross for a center near you and the best time you can visit to donate. Click here for the list of centers and their phone numbers.
#15 Celebrate the Love of Friendships!
Get with your friends and head to one of these unique restaurants to celebrate a Valentine of friendship. Friends are precious, they are the ones we see at our side when we most need a caring ear to listen, a loving shoulder to lean on, good laughter to share, and honest advice to heed.
Here are 10+ unique restaurants where you can have a good Valentine’s get-together with your friends.