Information International stated that the Lebanese security indicators during the first 7 months of this year witnessed a slight improvement compared to the same period in 2021.
The number of stolen cars and thefts decreased, and the number of deaths and suicides increased.
Here are the full indicators:
- The number of stolen cars decreased by 6.3%.
- Theft incidents decreased by 6.5%.
- The death toll increased by 18.3%.
The number of suicides increased by 7.8%. In a comparison between July 2021 and July 2022, the security indicators witnessed a remarkable improvement:
- The number of stolen cars decreased by 40.1%.
- Theft incidents decreased by 21.3%.
- The death toll increased by 68.4%.
- The number of suicides increased by 46.2%.
Content warning – If you or someone you know needs to talk to someone, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the friendly team at Embrace by calling 1564.
Related: A National Awareness Campaign Is Urging People In Lebanon To Unmute And Talk About Their Problems (Video).