South Africa's Minister of Home Affairs, Malusi Gigaba, just announced visa waivers for the citizens of 12 countries including Lebanon!
The other countries that South Africa finalized visa waiver agreements with are Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Ghana, Palestine, Belarus, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Iran, Georgia, and Cuba.
The South African government made this move to promote tourism, attract investors, and revive the economy.
"Easing movement in this manner will help in attracting larger number of tourists, business people and families," the Minister said.
According to the Passport Index, these are the countries that Lebanese citizens can visit without a visa.
- Lake Ritsa
- Rabati Castle: a castle built during the medieval era.
- Prambanan: an ancient Hindu temple.
- Borobudur: the largest Buddhist temple in the world.
- Lake Quilotoa: a volcanic crater filled with water.
- Cajas National Park: a park full of hiking trails, forests, lakes, and a rich wildlife.
- Boiling Lake: a hot lake springs that is covered with vapor.
- Morne Trois Pitons National Park: a World Heritage Site that contains falls, a jungle, and a lake.
- Sans-Souci Palace: a palace that was the residence of King Henri I who is also known as Henri Christophe.
- Île-à-Vache: one of Haiti's magnificent islands.
- Persepolis: ruins of the capital of the Archaemenid Empire.
- Babel Tower: a modern interactive installation that reflects the sky and the surroundings.
- Petra: an archaeological site famous for The Treasure, which is a rock-cut architecture.
- Dead Sea: a lake that is 9.6 times saltier than the ocean.
- Deer Cave: a cave that also serves as a passage that leads to a rainforest.
- Langkawi Sky Bridge: its deck is located 660 meters above sea level.
- Hulhumalé: an artificial island.
- Atolls of the Maldives: astonishing ring-shaped islands.
- Nan Madol: a combination of small artificial islands that are connected by canals.
- Tonnachau Mountains: a mountain that has an archaeological and historical significance since there are fortifications on its summit that date back to 4,000 BCE.
- Pamukkale: a town known for its natural thermal pools and white terraces made of carbonate minerals.
- Topkapı Palace: a large museum that was once the main residence of the Ottoman sultans.
- The Venetian Macau: the largest casino in the world and the largest single structure hotel building in Asia.
- Taipa: a dmall island that features a lot of activities.
- Souq Waqif: an ancient outdoor market.
- Museum of Islamic Art
Additional countries where Lebanese can get a visa at the airport upon arrival:
- Cape Verde
- Sri Lanka