The PR Division of Lebanon's Directorate General of the Internal Security Forces has recently announced that "Rafik Hariri International Airport is expected to witness heavy passenger traffic during the period from 1st of August to 15 September 2019."
In this regard, a number of instructions were released in order to facilitate procedures and reduce the expected congestion that will result from the movement of passengers, especially at following peak hours:
- From 5.00 am to 8.00 am.
- From 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- From 11.00 pm to 3.00 am.
Therefore, the ISF Directorate General requires travelers and visiting expatriates to comply with the instructions of the airport inspection squad at the Rafic Hariri International Airport, as follows:
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to the date of departure.
- Do not exceed the yellow line in front of the scanner during the inspection.
- Put the jackets, coats, electronic devices and metal parts (telephone, computer, clock, IPAD, belts, etc) inside the plastic containers designated for them during the inspection.
- Prevent bringing the prohibited substances classified as dangerous, such as radioactive materials, compressed gases, etc... and don't transfer oils in containers unless they are placed in accordance with the instructions of the air carrier.
- As for liquids, each passenger is allowed to transport one liter (several packages) in the bag, but the capacity of each package should not exceed 100 ml.
- Don't place the prohibited materials in the passengers' bags in accordance with internationally approved instructions.
Summer season this year appears encouraging in terms of tourists and airport traffic, in a recent report The National News Agency (NNA) stated that the number of passenger traffic increased this year compared to last year.
Adding that it is expected that the coming period will witness a further increase in the number of passengers at the airport. As we have recently updated you, based on CNN, Lebanon Is Expected to Get Record Number of Tourists this summer.
Have a safe travel!