Notre Dame de Secours Hospital: 10 Staff Members Tested Positive for Coronavirus

In a statement, the administration of Notre Dame de Secours Hospital just announced that 10 staff members tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) cases:

“After completing the laboratory tests on staff members who were in direct contact with one of the patients infected with the coronavirus (COVID-19), it was found that ten people from the hospital’s employees tested positive.”

“All the workers diagnosed with the mentioned virus did not show any associated symptoms and are in good health,” the hospital proceeded to say.

It explained that the tested-positive employees are “in a specially equipped department, which is permanently isolated from the hospital. They are accompanied and followed up by a special medical and nursing team throughout the period of quarantine.”


As for the non-employee patients who were infected with coronavirus (COVID-19), the hospital explained that one of them is still in the hospital, in critical condition, and is being followed up in one of the isolation rooms.

“It is worth noting that all necessary preventive and protective measures have been taken,” the hospital insisted.

“An external path has been completely separated from the hospital and is now identified for patients suspected of contracting the coronavirus (COVID-19) within the hospital’s premises.”

According to Notre Dame de Secours Hospital, specialized teams are sterilizing on a daily basis the hospital’s public places and departments.


The hospital is also training its workers and visitors on methods of prevention, all while taking preventive measures at the approved entry points and surrounding premises.

The staff members of Notre Dame de Secours Hospital have reportedly contracted the COVID-19 upon the arrival of a patient who had symptoms consistent with the coronavirus on Thursday, March 5th.

The patient has been reported to be coming from Egypt, a country in which at the time wasn’t considered an epidemic. After being tested positive, the patient was rushed to Rafic Hariri Governmental University Hospital in Beirut to receive proper treatment.

The patient was pronounced dead on Tuesday, March 10th. He suffered from a health exhibitor resulting from a defect during the hospitals’ transfer process and died five days after.

Share this article with your friends!

Not now
Share via
Don\'t Miss Out!