The Lebanese swimming delegation won 14 medals during the first Arab Water Games Championship, held in Cairo, Egypt, as young Lebanese swimmers took 3 gold medals, 5 silver medals, 6 bronze medals, and even set 3 Lebanese records.
Here are the details:
- Talinn Murad ranked 1st with 31.38 seconds out of 9 entries in the 50 meters back, ranked 1st with 1.07.14 minutes out of 7 entries in the 100 meters back, and won 1st place recording 2.24.44 minutes out of 6 entries in the 200 meters back.
In the 100 meters butterfly, she ranked 2nd with 1.07.54 minutes out of 9 entries.
- Lynn Al Haj came in 3rd place, recording 35.07 seconds out of 7 entries in the 50 meters breaststroke. In the 100 meters breaststroke, she ranked 2nd with 1.16.53 minutes out of 16 entries. She scored a record for the 50 meters breaststroke in the 100 meters race with a time of 34.74 seconds.
In the 50m freestyle, Lynn ranked 2nd with 27.57 seconds.
- Lena Hijazi ranked 3rd with 1.01.88 minutes out of 11 entries in the 100 meters freestyle and ranked 3rd with 9.31.91 minutes out of 6 entries in the 800 meters freestyle.
- Karen Ibrahim ranked 3rd with 36.92 seconds out of 5 entries in the 50 meters breaststroke and ranked 3rd with 1.21.65 minutes out of 4 entries in the 100 meters breaststroke.
- Maya Al Zain ranked 3rd with 1.04.04 minutes out of 7 entries in the 100 meters freestyle
Replacement team 14-15 years old:
- 4×100 m freestyle (Karen Ibrahim, Lena Hijazi, Lynn El Hajj, Tallinn Murad): The team came in 2nd place scoring 4.14.03 minutes out of 4 teams.
- 4×100 Diverse Lighthouses (Karen Ibrahim, Lena Hijazi, Lynn El Hajj, Tallinn Murad): The team came in 2nd place with a score of 4.43.37 minutes out of 4 teams.
- Farid Zidane set a new record with a time of 56.27 seconds as the previous record was 56.28 s for the same swimmer in the 100 meters freestyle.