Travelers arriving in Lebanon from the United Kingdom and Brazil must now have hotel bookings for 5 days/4 nights paid at their own expense, according to a circular issued by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
Travelers who cannot provide proof of a hotel booking will not be allowed to board the plan coming to Lebanon. Airlines will be responsible for paying the hotel booking of passengers who board without booking.
The hotel bookings must be made at those listed by the Lebanese government:
- Lancaster Tamar Hotel in Hadat, Beirut
- Mayflower Beirut in Hamra
- Royal Tulip Hotel in Achrafieh
- Alife Apart Hotel in Sodeco
- Gefinor Rotana in Beirut
- Raouche Arjaan by Roatana
- Riviera Hotel in Beirut
Exemptions from hotel quarantine include:
- People who have been fully vaccinated against the coronavirus at least 2 weeks before traveling. They don’t have to do a PCR test before departing.
- People who recovered from the virus within 90 days before traveling. They don’t have to do a PCR test before departing.
- Diplomats and their families, however, must quarantine for 5 days at their own residence.
- Anyone under 18.
- Arrivals who intent to travel directly to Syria by land.
We have a dedicated coronavirus section where you can find the latest news/updates about the pandemic in Lebanon, inform yourself with WHO-verified resources, and track the number of cases in Lebanon in real-time. Click here.