After a year of trying to stand firm in light of the current economic crisis, the Administrative Board of the Public Administration Employees Association called for an open strike starting on Monday, May 13th.
Here are the rights that the public administration employees demanded to be fulfilled:
- Correct salaries and compensation according to the rise in the price index, or the exchange platform. This is after correcting the defect resulting from Law No. 46/2017 (the series of ranks and salaries) against wage earners and contractors, and the fifth and fourth categories of the second rank.
- Lift the injustice suffered by retirees by recalculating the retirement pension on the basis of 100%, and canceling the income tax for this pension according to the Constitutional Council No. 13/2017.
- Immediate increase in health and social benefits in the State Employees Cooperative and the National Social Security Fund, in proportion to its high cost.
- Secure fuel vouchers for employees in proportion to the distances that separate them from their work centers.
- Return the official working hours to 2:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and at 11:00 am on Fridays.
The Association will maintain its meetings open to keep abreast of developments and to discuss the appropriate escalation steps.